Fraternity/Sorority Stroll Competition Application
Time & Location
About The Event
2018 AKΣ Alumni Step Show Guidelines
1. No longer than 12 minutes for the entire show. (This includes your intro and exit)
2. For each minute over the allotted time, 10 points will be deducted.
3. All props and backdrops must be removed from the stage at the conclusion of your performance.
4. The show will begin promptly at 8:00 p.m.
Order of Show
1. The order of the show will be determined by a random drawing, which you will receive with confirmation.
2. The order will be determined by draw once all applications and fees have been collected.
3. ONLY the coordinator of the show (Troy Mathis) can alter the order of the show.
Rules and Regulations
1. NO profanity OR sexual innuendos. Ten points will be deducted, based on judge’s decision.
2. The application and $100 confirmation fee must be postmarked by February 16, 2018.
3. Any changes to the list of step team members must be turned in via email or mail by April 20, 2018 4 p.m. (Each team will be allowed three additional passes for managers, music, prop….etc.)
4. Emcee introductions must be no longer than one minute.
5. Each organization must provide the emcees with an introduction by April 20, 2018, at 5 p.m.
6. Each organization must provide AKΣ with special lighting requests or banner hangings by May 5, 2018, at 5 p.m.
7. Each step team must arrive at the Carter G. Woodson Middle School 1000 Winston Churchill Dr. Hopewell, Virginia by 5:00pm on May 6, 2018.
8. All props and backdrops must be taken with the organization at the conclusion of the show.
(Each criterion worth up to 10 points; Overall performance up to 50 points; Total = up to 100 points)
1. Introduction (10 pts.)
2. Creativity and Originality (10 pts.)
3. Difficulty of steps (10 pts.)
4. Synchronization and Precision (10 pts.)
5. Exit (10 pts.)
6. Overall Performance (50 pts.)
**In the event of a tie, the total performance score will be used to choose the winner**
* All judges’ decisions are final*
Selection of Judges
1. Judges will be secured by the Alpha Kappa Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated.
2. There will be a panel of five judges and a timekeeper.
3. Judges will be of mixed backgrounds
4. Judges will be knowledgeable of “stepping.”
Prizes are awarded in three winner take all categories; Fraternity, Sorority and Community Organization. The
1. Fraternity will be awarded a $500.00 prize.
2. Sorority will be awarded a $500.00 prize.
3. Community Organization will be awarded a $500.00 prize.
1. Each team will be allotted 15 minutes of practice time at the location of the show.
2. If team does not arrive on time, they will not be given a practice time.
3. The above-stated rules will be strictly enforced.
1. All step team members will be admitted in the show free of charge. The names of each step team member must be listed on the step team application, if the name is NOT listed, he/she must pay for a ticket.
2. Tickets to the step show may be purchased at the door for $15.00.
3. Tickets may be purchased in advance for $10
By paying the below fee you are agreeing to abide by all preceding guidelines and the AKΣ policy and procedures.
- Fraternity/Sorority App Fee$75$750$0